Let’s visit the iron fort of the Marathas, which was also used as a capital for a short duration by Chhatrapati Shivaji, before moving base to Raigad/Rajmachi.
Let’s visit Lohagad, a fort that has been declared as a protected monument by Archaeology Survey of India.
Height: 3,389 feet approx
Base Village: Lohagadwadi
The fort was under the Maratha empire for the majority of time, with a short period of 5 years under the Mughal empire, though several dynasties occupied Lohagad at different period of time like Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Yadavas, Bahamanis, Nizamshahis.
1. The beautiful structure of the fort, it’s large gates and the fort walls that are still intact
2. A dargah and a Shiv temple
3. Several scattered cannons
So pack your little bag and come along!
Destination – Lohagad Fort, Lonavala
Check out some glimpses from our previous trek to Lohagad!
Join the conversation for this event here
- 06:00 AM: Our bus will pick up people from the pre-decided pick up points and leave from Mumbai
- 09:00 AM: We reach the base village followed by a quick round of introductions
- 09:15 AM: We start our trek
- 11:30 AM: We reach the top. Once atop we will be free to explore the place, interact with one another and have lunch at the fort
- 01:30 PM: We start descending back to the base
- 03:30 PM: We reach the start point and leave for Mumbai
- 07:00 PM: We’re back in the city with some amazing memories of the trek 🙂
Rs 1,350/- per person
Includes the following:
- Trek charges & expertise
- Travel via non-ac bus to base village & back
- breakfast & lunch
- lots of fun!
Does Not Include the following:
- Any extra meals
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions