If you’re scared of the word ‘trek’, this one is for you! Join us on a lovely trek to Karnala Fort – a quaint fort near Panvel that overlooks a sprawling bird sanctuary.
Height: 1,500 feet above MSL (approx)
Once the capital of the northern Konkan regions, this fort came under the command of the Portuguese, was conquered by
Shivaji, later captured by various empires like the Mughals, the Peshwas and finally, by the British East India Company in 1818!
Trek up to Karnala and soak in the spectacular view with Haji Malang to the northeast, just before Prabalgad and Matheran; Bhimashankar to the east; Rajmachi and Duke’s Nose to the south; the Mahal Mira hill range to the southwest and Mumbai to the west.
So pack your little bag and come along!
Date – 3rd July 2016 | Sunday
Destination – Karnala Fort
Check out some glimpses from our previous treks to Karnala fort
Join the conversation for this event here
- 06:00 AM: Our bus will pick up people from the pre-decided pick up points and leave from Mumbai
- 08.00 AM: We reach Karnala Bird Sanctuary. Light breakfast and a round of introductions at the base
- 09.00 AM: We start the trek
- 12.00 PM: We reach the fort. Rest at the top and eat lunch here (packed lunch provided by us)
- 01.00 PM: We start descending back to where we started from
- 04.00 PM: We reach the start point and leave for Mumbai
- 06.00 PM: We’re back in the city with some amazing memories of the trek 🙂
Rs 1,350/- per person
Includes the following:
- Trek charges & expertise
- Travel via non-ac bus to base village & back
- breakfast & lunch
- lots of fun!
Does Not Include the following:
- Any extra meals
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusions