A visit to the Plateau of Flowers
If the Himalayas boast of the Valley of Flowers in the North, then the Western Ghats gives us our very own Plateau of Flowers here in Maharashtra. This magical place near Satara is a haven for nature lovers and adventure souls.
1. More than 150 species of wild flowers, shrubs and grasses
2. Blooming of rare species of plants and flowers including Karvy, Smithia, Sonki, Balsam, Orchids
3. Kaas Lake
4. Sahyadri hills in the backdrop of this plateau
5. Excellent photgraphy opportunity, given the unique and beautiful terrain and landscapes
So pack your little bag and come along!
Date: To be scheduled
Destination: Kaas Plateau, Satara
Check out some glimpses of this plateau of flowers
Join the conversation for this event here
- We leave the city by 10:30 pm for an overnight journey to Kaas Plateau.
- Reach Satara early morning. We break for breakfast, where we can also freshen up (no baths only basic washroom facility)
- Post breakfast head to Kaas Plateau
- Spend about approximately 3 hours on the plateau, sight seeing and clicking pictures
- Head to Satara for lunch
- Post lunch leave for Mumbai
- Reach Mumbai around 9 pm
Cost: Rs 2,350/- per person
Includes the following:
- Non AC bus travel to & fro Mumbai
- Meals (breakfast & lunch)
- Entry fee, parking etc.
- Some Place Else coordinator
- Lots of fun!
Does Not Include the following:
- Any meal, activity or expense not mentioned under inclusions
- Camera permit charges. Needs to be paid at actuals at the entry