If you’re scared of the word ‘trek’ and think you’re not fit enough for it or that it is going to be really difficult – this trek is for you!
We’re visiting Fort Lohagad as part of Some Place Else’s series of easy treks this monsoon. The fort was under the Maratha empire for a long time and also under the Mughal empire for a short 5 year period. It was also occupied by several dynasties including the Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Yadavas, Bahamanis and the Nizamshahis!
Height: 3,389 feet
1. The beautiful structure of the fort, its large gates and the fort walls that are still intact
2. A dargah and a Shiv temple
3. Several scattered cannons
4. A lovely view of Pawna lake from the summit
5. Bhaja Caves – ancient caves nearby!
EASY TREK TO LOHAGAD FORT
When: 16th July | Sunday
Meeting Time: 6 AM onward
Rs 1,470 per person
1. Travel by Non AC bus from Mumbai to trek base and back
2. Breakfast and lunch
3. Trek expertise and guidance
Call 9833163486 or email us at email@example.com for any questions!
Note: A minimum group size of 15 people to make this experience happen. In case seats don’t fill up, team Some Place Else may have to either postpone the event or cancel it. In case the event is cancelled, all participants will receive a refund of the entire amount.